The Worlds of Terri Pray

The highs and lows of chasing a writing dream. From fantasy to erotica and beyond as seen through the eyes of Terri Pray.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm a wife, mother, author, chat site owner and rpger. That's only scratching the surface though, I doubt any person can be described in a few short sentances. I write for Final Sword Productions, Loose-ID, Magic Carpet Books, Chippewa Publishing and Under the Moon, an imprint of Final Sword.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Calendar Girls

I finally got to see the movie ‘The Calendar Girls’ from the UK and I have to admit it was well worth seeing. For once there is a movie out there showing that women over the age of 30 are beautiful, sensual and brave.

It’s based on a real life story, about a group of women who are members of the Women’s Institute in the UK. Together they raise money for a sofa for the cancer ward of their local hospital but do so by posing nude for a calendar. Most of the women are 40, 50 or older and the calendar ended up raising over five hundred thousand pounds. Obviously buying a lot more than the sofa they had planned.

I love movies from home, and some of the BBC America shows have become must watch events for me, but this particular movie was wonderful. A slice of English courage and humor. A reminder of what I miss about home. Hopefully I’ll get the chance to see it again but I’m glad I was able to see it today.

If any woman thinks that just because they turn 40 they cease to be sensual, beautiful or courageous then they should watch this movie and remind themselves just who they are inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home