The Worlds of Terri Pray

The highs and lows of chasing a writing dream. From fantasy to erotica and beyond as seen through the eyes of Terri Pray.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm a wife, mother, author, chat site owner and rpger. That's only scratching the surface though, I doubt any person can be described in a few short sentances. I write for Final Sword Productions, Loose-ID, Magic Carpet Books, Chippewa Publishing and Under the Moon, an imprint of Final Sword.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

World Fantasy, Kids and Site

Less than a week and I’ll be gone again, this time to World Fantasy in Madison WI. Unlike the other conventions I’ve been to of late this one is more for fun and socialization than work. Sure there will be some chances to push my work, and maybe learn a little more about agents, but for the most part I’m going there in order to have fun. To listen to the panels, meet other authors, perhaps play fan girl a bit depending on who is there.

I had a lot of fun last year at the one held in Tempe, and hoping I will be able to do the same this time around. At least I don’t have to travel via greyhound this time. We’re not sure what does it, but stepping onto Greyhound tends to leave me drained beyond anything I can understand. I turn white, sheer white, bloodless almost. But we’re now avoiding that and Scott comes to get me for the conventions. It’s extra work for him and I worry that it will be too much for him, but he’s willing to do it, and the fact I recover far more quickly helps as well.

The joys of life.

No school today or tomorrow, again. They had days off last week as well, two of them, now they have two off this week. How many teacher conference days do they need in a month? Okay, so I don’t like odd days off as it upsets Sarah a great deal She loves her school.

Jack is growing like a weed and we’re heading into Fargo to get new shoes for him this Saturday. We live some 70 miles away and have been unable to get shoes for him locally due to him having wide feet. As neither myself nor Sam have the ability to drive we have to rely on rides from family in order to do trips. So Jack has been without shoes for a while and it’s not a situation we can permit to continue with winter on our doorstep.

I had a lesson in patience last night. A small incident on the chat site I run where I ended up taking a lot of long slow breaths rather than loose my temper at someone who was attempting to bully me into letting him break rules. I don’t do well with people trying to bully me, or threaten me, but I kept my calm and will have to deal with the outcome of the incident later today. Trouble was the whole situation annoyed me and didn’t do a lot for the two admin who work with me. Not that I blame them for being annoyed, they know how much work I put into the site, and how I often set aside writing work in order to deal with problems or situations there. They know how careful I am not to explode on people, how I fight to stay calm if angered, even to the point of not booting or gagging people if they deserve it in case it looks like I’m letting my anger get the better of me.

Ah well, knew the drill when I opened the site.

Back to writing. And reading, doing some relax time in order to make sure I’m all fit and healthy in order to go to the convention next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home