The Worlds of Terri Pray

The highs and lows of chasing a writing dream. From fantasy to erotica and beyond as seen through the eyes of Terri Pray.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm a wife, mother, author, chat site owner and rpger. That's only scratching the surface though, I doubt any person can be described in a few short sentances. I write for Final Sword Productions, Loose-ID, Magic Carpet Books, Chippewa Publishing and Under the Moon, an imprint of Final Sword.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Random Thoughts and the loss of a friend

I’ve been more than a little unwell in the past few days and now find myself slowly starting to pull back out of this. It’s been a bad few days, nearly a bad week entirely now, but that happens with my health from time to time.

It’s not just me that has had a bad week.
The people of New Orleans are in a far worse state than I will ever be, they are living through a night mare and the courage being shown on a daily basis there still leaves me astounded. A good friend of mine sent me a link to a piece written by Anne Rice who has set so many of her books in and around New Orleans that her love for the city is obvious. It’s well worth reading, http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/opinion/04rice.html?ei=5090&en=ce2f33f8719dba9c&ex=1283486400&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print


A dear friend of mine died yesterday, DragonEyes/Atilla from the roleplay sites I have been playing on since 1998. He and I met way back then, and when I received the news that he had died it hit me hard. I never met him in person and now I never will, but like so many friends back before I came to the states he sat with me through some very bad times.

He was one of those people who always had a joke, or a smile. I don’t think I can ever recall him being truly angry about anything, and we only spoke on the phone a handful of times. Yet for all that the vast majority of our contact was through text I counted him as a friend and did my fair share of crying last night.
Mark, I’ll miss you. You were a light in the world, and the world has too few lights. Sleep well old friend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home