The Worlds of Terri Pray

The highs and lows of chasing a writing dream. From fantasy to erotica and beyond as seen through the eyes of Terri Pray.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm a wife, mother, author, chat site owner and rpger. That's only scratching the surface though, I doubt any person can be described in a few short sentances. I write for Final Sword Productions, Loose-ID, Magic Carpet Books, Chippewa Publishing and Under the Moon, an imprint of Final Sword.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A Scare in the Night

Last night frightened me, I don’t do fear very well as I bury it deeply in order to cope with everything else around me. Sam, my husband, was taken into hospital last night with what we thought could be a heart attack or stroke. It turned out to be a reaction to medication he had been put on for migraines. It was gone 4am by the time we were finally home we were all exhausted and ready to collapse.

He is my world, that might sound odd but it is how we are. He is the reason I write every day. He pushes me to believe in myself and last night I thought I was going to loose him. I had to be so calm and focused because of our children, just so we could be there for him.

In January I nearly lost him, he had blood clots in his arm that would not break up and he ended up having surgery in order to remove them. So this frightened me a great deal. Perhaps I am silly for how badly this affected me but he is my world, my life. Silly I know. He is fine, tired, sore, but alive and fine and I can breathe again. It’s not easy being that deeply in love with someone.

It has been a week for grief and stress. My Grandma has a broken arm and that has left her doubting her strength again. She has been on her own for years so things like this rock her badly which I can understand. My Grandfather passed on Feb 14th 1974, which was one of the reasons I asked for Ruby Kisses to be released on Valentine’s Day with eXtasy this year. In tribute to him as well as my parents and the love they share.

But the scare is over, he is home, drained and we will cope with the effects of the events as they unfold.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaynie said...

I don't think you're silly. I feel the same way about my husband. It must have been very very scary for you.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Terri Pray said...

Thanks Jaynie
even when things aren't 100% he's still the driving force in my life.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home