The Worlds of Terri Pray

The highs and lows of chasing a writing dream. From fantasy to erotica and beyond as seen through the eyes of Terri Pray.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm a wife, mother, author, chat site owner and rpger. That's only scratching the surface though, I doubt any person can be described in a few short sentances. I write for Final Sword Productions, Loose-ID, Magic Carpet Books, Chippewa Publishing and Under the Moon, an imprint of Final Sword.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

BDSM and More

There have been a few assumptions of late that I only write BDSM novels. Nothing could be further from the truth. Whilst BDSM erotica is one of the genres I love writing I also indulge in many others.

The three Magic Carpet Books I have out are Contemporary erotic romance, the is a trace and I mean the barest trace of ‘Dominance’ in Sweet Deceptions. However it is a bare trace that comes through more as an Alpha Male than an active dominant. No reference to the lifestyle is made and there are no ‘scenes’ in the book that reflect BDSM play. Both Whispered Secrets and Focused on Love (now due out August 15th) lack any signs of BDSM in them.

Two out of my four books currently on sale with eXtasy have elements of BDSM. Ettore’s Women and A Small Lesson are both D/s – BDSM novels. Green Dreams and Ruby Kisses are not.

Dragon Prince, the first of the Erien Tales is a cross genre fantasy – adventure – romance novel. Fae Born, due out towards the end of August/September is the second in the Erien tales and falls into the same mix of genre’s.

I do have a special love for writing BDSM based stories, I enjoy exploring the dynamics that those relationships bring, the alternative views into life, the problems and the honesty I see in some D/s relationships. I’m also not above writing heartless characters who dominate for what it brings them, following the darker side of such a story or relationship. It’s intriguing for me.

Ask me, if you are not sure what I write then ask me, if you have a particular preference story wise or genre right ask me. I don’t bite… well not that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home